I don’t DO role play
Great! I'm not asking you to role play. This is sociodrama, an interactive way of building your team, resolving group issues and planning a strategy.
What is Sociodrama?
- Sociodrama is a mapping of a system, be that at work, in a group, in a family or on a much broader scale, i.e. the health service.
- Sociodrama is a method of helping people see where that system works well and the relationships that exist within that system.
- Sociodrama is a way of helping people who aren't normally heard to have a voice.
- Sociodrama is a method with a worldwide movement and a new book, Sociodrama in a Changing World.
- Sociodrama is used in many different contexts - I use it with businesses, schools, individuals, groups, organisations, teams.
Sociodrama is not...ROLE PLAY!
But it does involve naming roles, taking them and speaking from them.
Think of it as a stakeholder analysis on its feet.